Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Tribella™ Treatment?
TriBella™ combines three of the best non-invasive aesthetic practices in one treatment. In scientific terms it uses Intense Pulsed Light with SmartPulse™, Multipolar Radio Frequency & Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields (MP)² and NanoFractional Radio Frequency with SmartScan™. But you may just want to know that these clever techniques will make your skin look visibly tighter, smoother, and rejuvenated, with a more even skin tone.
So what are these technologies and what do they do?
Part 1: Photofacial: Precise bursts of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) visibly reduce the appearance of sundamage and unevenness to your skin tone. The light reduces the haemoglobin pigment inside visible red blood vessels and pigmentated spots. Same-time cooling as the IPL treatment is proceeding allows for a more comfortable experience, with any sensation of heat reduced.
Part 2: Sculpting & Lifting: Through the use of the treatment’s combined energies, heat is produced beneath the skin, which promotes blood flow and an increased production of collagen and elastin. As a result the skin looks visibly tighter and firmer, with lines and wrinkles also reduced. Only the latest radio frequency technology is used to ensure that its energy is controlled and any discomfort is greatly minimised.
Part 3: Skin Resurfacing: Small micro-channels are created in the skin which then experience controlled healing. This increases the production of collagen and elastin, and leads to improved skin texture.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
To ensure optimal results, Serenity recommends three TriBella™ treatments, one every 4-5 weeks. These will then be visible 3 months after your last treatment. To maintain your results, we recommend one treatment every 6 months.
Is Any Downtime Necessary?
There is minimal downtime of up to 3 days with the TriBella™ treatment. Very small scabs will usually form 24 - 72 hours after the procedure. These may remain for several days but will then shed quickly and naturally. Makeup can be applied 24 hours after treatment to cover any small scabs.
Is Tribella™ Painful?
After your treatment you may initially experience the feeling of sunburn, which typically fades within 24 hours. You may experience some redness and swelling but that also generally subsides after 24 - 48 hours.
How Long Do Results From Tribella™ Treatment Last?
Once you have completed a course of three TriBella™ treatments, your optimal results will show 3 months after your last treatment. To maintain your results, Serenity recommends one treatment every 6 months.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
TriBella™ can be used to treat skin on the face, the neck and the décolletage.
Who Is Suitable for Treatment?
Most people are suitable for treatment but there may be reasons why you are not.
These include but are not limited to:
- If you have an active suntan or have recently used tanning products
- If you have active acne
- If you have recently taken Roaccutane
- If you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have a metal or other implant in the treatment area
- If you have active skin conditions in the treatment area, such as psoriasis or eczema
- If you have a pacemaker or defibrillator
What Should I Do Before Treatment?
During your initial consultation your practitioner will thoroughly discuss your medical history with you. If you are currently taking any medications, both prescribed or over-the-counter, please let us know. A patch test may be performed at this consultation. Your practitioner will also explain what to do before your first appointment. However, for your reference:
- Please ensure you do not have an active suntan or have recently used tanning products
- Please inform us prior to your appointment if your medical history has changed
- Please inform us before your appointment if you suffer with cold sores and have had a breakout
- Do not have any dermal fillers or botox in the month leading up to your appointment
- If you take anti-inflammatory medication (NSAIDs) ensure you have fully discussed this with us. We are unable to treat you if you have been using any such medication for the week leading up to your appointment
What Should / Shouldn’t I Do After My Treatment?
After your treatment, your practitioner will explain aftercare instructions thoroughly. They will also be emailed to you.
After your treatment:
- Please avoid hot baths, saunas, steam rooms and pools for 2 days
- Please do not apply cool presses and cold packs to the treated area
- Please do not apply moisturiser until 24 hours after treatment. You will receive a post procedure pack from the clinic
- Please do not apply makeup for the first 24 hours after treatment
- Please avoid exposure to the sun and apply the recommended sunscreen during your treatment plan. After completing treatment, we will continue to advise you to avoid the sun and apply sunscreen to ensure your skin remains in optimal health
- Please do not pick any crusting from darkening sun spots. These will flake off on their own with time
If for any reason you are concerned about your treatment you should always contact the clinic emergency numbers provided on your aftercare information.
How Long Does a Tribella™ Treatment Take?
Typically a Tribella™ treatment takes one and a half hours. Your consultation may take up to thirty minutes. Please allow sufficient time for this.
What Other Treatments Can Be Combined With Tribella™?
TriBella™ can be combined with other non-surgical treatments such as dermal fillers and botox for further rejuvenation if desired, though these must be carried out one month apart from any TriBella™ treatment.